Bout of Books Read-A-Thon
You all know I love to participate in read-a-thons and this week I am joining
Bout of Books sponsored by Amanda @ On a Book Bender she is in charge of organizing the read-a-thon. Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal, Shirley @ Creative Deeds, and Hannah @ Once Upon a Time are helping.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, run from 12:01am on Monday, May 14th through 11:59pm Sunday, May 20st in whatever time zone you are in.
- Bout of Books is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required. Co-hosts are there to facilitate blog hopping and interaction between participants.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
I hope to join in on some activities, visit some blogs and plan to read the following books:
Tuesday- Today I worked, so I wasn't able to read as much. I read 150 pages of Half-Blood. Updated on twitter, and visited a few blogs. Hopefully tomorrow I will knock out this book and finish another. Happy Reading!
Wednesday- Today was a good day. I wrote a review, finished Half-Blood at 2am..eek gads! Visited and followed some new blogs, read some great reviews and saw some great Wow's on blogs I follow. I started and finished Croak..what a great read. I am on target to reach my goal..wahoo!
Thursday- I started Code Verify read 50 pages and stopped..i could not seem to connect with this book, not sure if it was me or the book. I started Dark Magic by James Swain and I am loving this suspenseful novel with its paranormal twist. I have read 200 pages and should wrap it up tomorrow, after work. I wrote a review, scheduled a WoW and set up two blog tours..wahoo. My daughter came to visit and we had a great time.
Friday- I worked today, but did manage to finish Dark Magic. So far I have read four books and feel confident I will reach my goal of five books for this event. I wrote my review for Croak today and visited a few blogs. What am I reading next..I have no idea..I want something different and will be digging around in my tbr pile tomorrow looking for a book to speak to me..LOL
Weekend- I read Lies Beneath this weekend, chatted on twitter and visited a lot of you as well as other blogs I follow and wrote my review of Dark Magic. I have started a sixth book The Unholy. I do not think I will finish it before the cut off but if I do, I will post an update. I have had a blast, and will definitely participate again!
Final Update: I had a blast this week. I chatted with fellow book lovers, found some great blogs to follow and put a lovely dent in my tbr pile (pfft..even if i bought 5 more) I read 5 and 1/2 books this week and wrote three reviews.
Thanks to the hosts for providing this read-a-thon..what fun!!!